The TJ Times

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School

The TJ Times

The TJ Times

Style
Style
November 21, 2023
Style Today 2023-2024
Style Today 2023-2024
November 21, 2023
Tesla
Tesla
November 21, 2023

Style Today 2023-2024

What Is Style?

Style is a way people dress up or how they look. For example, it involves hair styles, perfume, nails, makeup, clothes, skincare, jewelry, and way more. This is mostly done in the morning to get ready and fresh for the day, but you can use certain products like skincare at night to get ready for bed. Girls see other people on social media apps like TikTok and Pinterest that have products and they go to the stores and buy clothes and makeup etc. for themselves. People mostly see makeup and cosmetics from celebrities and designers because they use it the most. They influence people to get their products, like Ariana Grande and her perfume. All women around the world admire clothes and makeup. In addition, style is special because It helps you make a good appearance in public and show everybody your beauty. 

The History Of Makeup

First, 6,000 years ago, Ancient Egyptians had a first glimpse of makeup. For them makeup served as a marker of wealth. Then, eyeliner was first discovered and used 4,000 years ago also by the Egyptians. They used them on men and women’s faces for art. Next, in 627 BCE to 586 BCE The Book Of Jeremiah argued against cosmetic use and they were discouraging vanity. Worse than this, in the mid-nineteenth century there was a widespread movement against cosmetics. Queen Victoria declared makeup to be vulgar, and cosmetics went out of fashion. A couple years later in the 1920’s visible cosmetics such as red lipstick and dark eyeliner reentered the mainstream. Over the years people began thinking cosmetics were a necessity after women kept selling them to each other. Now, almost every girl uses makeup and it has become an important part of their lives.

Fake Eyelashes

Fake eyelashes are a very popular cosmetic item. Lots of girls use it to make their lashes stand out and look pretty. They also add drama to your eyes which is what a lot of people want. Fake eyelashes look very long and give you a feminine look. It also makes girls look like they have a lot of makeup on. Girls think it’s so cool to have them on and show them off on camera, but there are negative effects for them too. A problem is that when you wear fake lashes you can’t wash your face. If you can’t wash your face your pores start to clog up and affect your face by causing problems like acne. Therefore fake eyelashes might seem very awesome and great but they can cause a lot of damage to your face.

Drunk Elephant & Glow Recipe

Drunk Elephant and Glow Recipe have more similar traits than different ones. In contrast, Drunk Elephant is greasier than Glow Recipe. Glow Recipe is lighter and soothing on your skin.  It is also fruit theme while Drunk Elephant is sort of an elephant nature theme. Drunk Elephant is more expensive than Glow Recipe and rarer than it too. These skincares are alike because they are vegan, cruelty free, and reef safe and both contain fragrances. They also are both used  for brightening your skin if it’s dry. Overall, these skincares are great and very popular.

Skincare Stealing

A problem stores are having these days is that people are stealing skincares and making a mess out of the samples. This is a horrible thing and people should absolutely stop doing it. A solution for this problem can be to put up security cameras in the store or specifically in the skincare aisle to see if someone steals anything. Workers can also put these skincares in a locked box so that they are only for display and if customers want to buy anything they should ask an employee to take it out for them. Another solution is to stop doing samples. If the stores don’t do samples anymore then people won’t be making messes all over the place. If someone stole a very expensive skin care product then police can look if the culprit left any fingerprints behind. If normal pedestrians want to help stop this problem they can keep their hands to themselves and tell the shopkeepers if they see anything messed up or stolen.