The TJ Times

The Student News Site of Thomas Jefferson Middle School

The TJ Times

The TJ Times

Style
Style
November 21, 2023
Style Today 2023-2024
Style Today 2023-2024
November 21, 2023
Tesla
Tesla
November 21, 2023

The TJ Talent Show

About the Talent show                                                   

The Thomas Jefferson Middle School Talent Show was held on October 20th at 7:00 pm. This is an annual event at TJ. There were many acts such as singing, dancing, playing instruments, riding a unicycle, jump roping, gymnastics, and more. Anyone from 4th through 8th grade could have auditioned to perform. In the front of the entrance, there was a snack stand where you could buy food and water to eat during the Talent Show. During halftime, you could leave your seats and buy snacks to eat for the rest of the performances. The Talent Show ended at 8:30 with Nandy and Giana singing “Golden Hour.”

The Talent Show Process

Before anything, there is always an announcement about the talent show. They would let people know that auditions would be in a week or two. When auditions were out, people tended to sign up very quickly. Sometimes even before 3 days had gone by, the lists would already be filled with TONS of names. People would have also written down the day & the time they would like to audition. When auditioning, Mr. Bova & Mrs. Dobbs would judge to see who’s talent would be best for the talent show. A few days after auditions, they would finally release the people who had entered the music Google classroom. They would now start having rehearsals for the real talent show. On the day of the talent show, 30 minutes before it starts, they would have a mini rehearsal to see if everything is going according to plan. Then it’s show time. 

Talent Show Review

The talent show was awesome, it was delightful! Many people joined the talent show, so there was a variety of talents to look at. The talent show was great because the performances were very entertaining, and the people performing them did an amazing job with their talent. The talent show also had snacks to eat, and they were so good! There were cookies, donuts, candy, drinks, etc. The people who signed up also had lots of practice before the talent show. Each person who was in the talent show had to practice after school with Mr. Bova and others. They had to practice after school for a few days before the talent show. It shows that they practiced because the people singing had amazing voices, and they sang confidently. There were some instruments played, and I was amazed. The people who danced had to practice to remember their dance and to do well at it, and they did well. More performances were great because they practiced a lot, but there were too many to name. The talent show was great and very entertaining. 

Questions About the TJ Talent Show

Do you think everyone who performed had good talent? Well, in my opinion, I thought they did. In my perspective, I thought Nandy & Gianna were one of the best talents. They sang well, had no voice cracks, had a good tone, and didn’t forget the lyrics. I thought that it was a great idea for them to wrap up the entire show. Another performance I also liked was Brayden with his sister, Riley. I liked the thought of them doing a sibling duo performance. It shows siblings that doing things together could sometimes be fun! The last performance I liked was Taso playing the piano. I liked the melody of the song. I also liked how for his performance the lights changed from yellow to orange and then to red. I thought that it was very cool. As you can see, the talent show has a lot of interesting performances! If I were you, I would go to next year’s talent show.

Comparing Performances

My two favorite performances in the talent show were Nandy and Gianna singing “Golden Hour” by JVKE. My other favorite was Sophie singing “Mean” by Taylor Swift. Those two performances were alike in a few different ways. Both of the talents were singing, they both sang in high voices, and they all sang well. I also think both performances were different because Nandy and Gianna were two people singing, while Sophie sang by herself. She had lots of courage and emotion in her singing. The clothes were also very different, Nandy wore a long, nice, purple dress, Gianna wore a short, flowy, black dress, and Sophie wore a black shirt with a pink skirt. I think both were good. They all sang very clearly. I loved both performances, they were fantastic!!

Problems in the Talent Show

There wasn’t a problem at the talent show, but there was a little incident. While performing, a 5th grader fell on the stage while riding her unicycle. The audience gasped in shock. I expected her to run off the stage crying, but that’s not what she did. Instead, she got back up and continued riding like nothing happened. When she got back on her unicycle everyone clapped and cheered. People were proud of her that she got back up and continued doing her amazing routine confidently. She then continued to dance around happily, she danced well. It was great and brave of her to do that, and I admire her for it.